Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Her Final Masterpiece

so... I wrote another poem... this one not about me... even though it says I... I guess I am just a bit depressed so I got inspiration and the adjectives and nouns just started flowing... oh well... here it is... once again ... not about me... I already have my masterpiece... don't need to die to see it


She walks down the hallway
with a smile on her face
everywhere she goes
grace follows in her place
nobody suspects what she hides
behind her sparkling blue eyes
she says hello to me
and bats her lashes at the sky
teachers love her
because she always gives her all
nobody knows what she keeps
behind her false fronts
She goes home
continues pretending
trying to be something
they want her to be
nobody understands
how shes breaking inside
A day goes by,
her parents become worried
they wiggle the door knob
but its jammed
by the time they get it open
it will all be too late
She finishes her note
as the last part of her masterpiece is complete
her last breath is taken
she whispers that shes sorry she couldn't be
everything they wanted her to be
all their expectations
everything they'd planned
she knew she'd never measure
so why try to succeeding
when she'd already failed
They finally got in
they broke down the door
saw their little girl lying there on the floor
in a pool of her blood
they cradled her head
and cried to heavens
they'd lost their poor baby
of whom they adored
they noticed the note
wet and blood stained
Daddy opened it and read
shocked he never knew all her pain
She was happy so it seemed
but inside she was dying
she was living up their dreams
they would never be happy
Oh, if only they knew
all her plans shattered left askew
police investigations
of course it was suicide
they never saw it coming
she hid it so well
her mask never faltered
she kept her feelings inside
or on a sheet of paper
they opened her diary
and read it aloud
they realized they didn't know anything
about their baby girl
she always wore a smile
she always braved the day
she told me that she loved me
but I thought it was just a game
now shes gone and its too late
she never knew I felt the same

No comments:

Post a Comment