Saturday, January 05, 2008

At War with Me

So quickly I grew used to having you around
so much I trusted and loved you but now its over
can't change what I've done
lost you for good this time
for better or for worse
before death did we part
we split and I played it off like I didn't care
lying to myself again and again
hoping to make my lies reality
I hide my feelings of pain
under my sleeve and in my heart
slowly the pain of losing you
Is carving a deeper hole into my flesh
you run down my arm
and pool on the floor in a puddle before my feet
my mind keeps spinning and I see your face everywhere
as it haunts my heavy heart
more quickly now
you are carving your essence of addiction into me
tormenting my soul
thoughts of you dangle throughout my troubled mind
set me free from misery
let my heart soar
my bleeding stop
and my hope restore
let me continue to live a lie
because its all I know any more
because its all I let myself see.

No comments:

Post a Comment