Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Final Chapter

My head is screaming you're no good
my heart is crying as it should
you're face engraved in my mind
though I know I need to leave it behind
I'm worth so much more
of this I am too sure
but I don't know how to leave you
and its more than my heart can stand to do
you've got your claws gripping deep
and I've kept hoping you're something to keep
I know now that what I see
is just a fragment of reality
my veins are popping and my chest is bruised
all this is part of your daily muse
to get me to stay and love at all costs
I'm fighting a battle I long ago lost
to forget would be utter bliss
but it's hard to erase that one first kiss
truly I've been blind to see
what you really do to me
I've given you all that I can
so why then is here where we stand
You had your vices and I had mine
I thought they would smooth over time
It's really over this time around
I've finally touched the cold hard ground
I cant take this any more
grab your coat and find the door
you've taken all my sanity
there's nothing left here for me
walk out and go quietly now
get your stuff and just skip town
this is time it's really the end
don't even try to pretend
I tried everything i could
you even said you understood
really you were all just lies
clever words meant to disguise
the things you did to make it seem
like you were surreal like a twisted dream
you've taken your turn
and heard my words
now take me final plea
and just be done forever with me



No comments:

Post a Comment